Today as I wait for work time looking at all the stuff I could be doing, Like laundry, dishes, or other blah-seah tasks I decided Nope heck with it I am going to make meringues and before any of you say it yes I know I did meringues at the other blog but lets be honest they are as addictive as potato chips only sweet rather then salt but then I thought about the recent sea salt caramel thing that's going on with everything lately and booyah why not make meringues like that (I know yumm right??) so I started but not before I made a minor offering to the kitchen gods that be (I accidently bumped my burn wound knocking off the scab it bled) but speaking of offerings and kitchen accidents funny thing happened the other day. My boss Ross and I have this freaky sort of bond you know the "We have been friends so long we finish each others sentences" kind of thing or better yet we unwittingly wear the same color However I think we might have taken our mutual admiration a bit too far lately when somehow by some force unseen we managed too in the same kitchen Burn ourselves in the same way on the same arm just below the elbow. Rather weird, I agree I personally blame Crimson and Clover for the incident what a bunch of klutzes also that Lola (Lola, Lola, Lola) She is such a show off always sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong but then the oven seems to be a sentient being intent on scarring us all and since its one of the most hard working appliances in the restaurant next to the Panini grill I guess we must sacrifice to keep the beasty happy I mean why not its what we do. as they say Imitation is the highest form of flattery right? The blisters have popped leaving a weird set of gashes that look like I was attacked by a semi excited bear fortunately Rosses war wounds appear to be healing better that said the kitchen gods appear to be angry maybe its the fact that they do not get any of the sumptuous treats that come out of mine and the Bleu Bistros Kitchen I wouldn't blame them personally if someone was making goodies all day and I didn't get any I would be rather miffed. But that said for those of you who are too far away I am linking bleus website so you can see ehem the menu that is happening right now and yes it changes with the exception of our classic wasabi grilled cheese whose ingredients are as protected as the rhinos horn but is sooo good that one bite takes you on a world tour from east to west then straight on to heaven I kid you not.
Its hard to imagine a better sandwich but wait there is more.... No seriously you are going to have to wait so here my dear foodies is my delicious meringue recipe Meringue Cookies (forgotten kisses)
Basic Recipe
6 egg whites, at room temperature
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cup fine white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Flavorings - Vanilla, Mint , Almond, or whatever springs your fancy
6 egg whites, at room temperature
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cup fine white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Flavorings - Vanilla, Mint , Almond, or whatever springs your fancy
Heat oven to 300ºF. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat until soft, bubbly peaks form. The peaks will still flop over; they're like bubble bath still. Turn the mixers to high and add the sugar a couple tablespoons at a time. As they get glossy, beat in the flavorings. The texture should be glossy and tacky, with peaks that stand straight up.
Pipe onto parchment-covered sheets. The parchment is essential; these will stick like crazy. Turn down oven to 200ºF Bake for about two hours then turn off the oven and let them cool. They should be completely dry with no chewiness inside depending on your oven you should also monitor the cookies they should not unless the color already was dark (mochas) turn brown in your oven they should remain white and crisp. Adjust time and heat accordingly .
So what you have all been waiting for the bleu website link
http://bleugrotto.com/Home_.html After all life is always better with bleu
No comments:
Post a Comment